Grilled Vegetable and Flank Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
If you don't love blue cheese, try crumbled feta or grated Parmesan instead. If not treated right, flank steak can be a little tough, so cut it thinly and against the grain. Recipe by http://www.cookinglight.com/
- 1 lb flank steak trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 medium yellow squash halved
- 2 red onion 1/2in thick
- 1 red bell pepper quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar leave this out or replace with appropriate amount of stevia
- 1 ounce blue cheese crumbled (about 1/4cup)
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high.
- Coat steak with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side. Place steak on a cutting board.
- Place squash, onion, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss. Arrange vegetables on grill pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, sugar, and cheese. Divide vegetables and tomatoes among 4 plates. Cut steak into thin slices; top with vegetables and vinaigrette.
Original recipe and others can be found at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-vegetable-flank-steak-salad-blue-cheese-vinaigrette Photo: Jennifer Causey; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine