Roasted-Beet and Pistachio Salad
- 6 medium beats
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bag baby greens and herbs mix
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange beets in single layer on large sheet of foil and wrap tightly. Place in shallow glass or ceramic baking dish and bake 1 hour or until tender when pierced with tip of knife. Unwrap and cool. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch chunks. Meanwhile, place pistachios in small baking pan; bake alongside beets 4 minutes or until golden and toasted. Cool completely in pan.
- Prepare dressing: In small bowl, with fork or wire whisk, mix vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until blended. In thin, steady stream, whisk in oil until blended. In medium bowl, combine beets and 2 tablespoons dressing. In large serving bowl, toss greens with remaining dressing until coated. Top with blue cheese, pistachios, and beets. Tear mint leaves over salad.
The original recipe can found at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a30616/roasted-beat-pistachio-salad-recipe/