Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt or Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Large Eggs beaten
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- vegitable oil replace with extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-carb sugar-free tomato sauce alternatively make tomato sauce from scratch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in half crosswise. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs and almond flour in 2 separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working with one at a time, dip chicken cutlets into almond flour, then eggs, and then Parmesan mixture, pressing to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary, adding more oil when needed.
- Transfer fried cutlets to a 9"-x-13" baking dish, evenly spread tomato sauce on each cutlet and top with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, broil until cheese is golden, 3 minutes.
- Top with basil and more Parmesan before serving.