Shrimpo de Gallo
- 8 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 lb. large shrimp tail removed
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes seeded and finely diced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 avacado finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season shrimp with salt and add to skillet along with garlic and chili powder. Season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a cutting board to cool.
- Roughly chop shrimp into small pieces and scrape into a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, and avocado, and season with salt.
- Mix until combined and serve with tortilla chips.