Thai Pumpkin Soup
October is right around the corner! Start your Fall right with this recipe from Standard Process.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 cups chicken of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp green chilies chopped
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, and broth.
- Combine until thoroughly heated and place in blender.
- Add chilies, coconut cream, coconut milk, and lemon juice.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serve immediately.
If a less sweet soup is desired, omit coconut cream and increase coconut milk to 1½ cups. Serves 2-4. You can find this recipe in a note Standard Process put on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/notes/standard-process-inc/thai-pumpkin-soup/10154768755443690/ or in the recipe section of their Detox Balance Program found at https://www.standardprocess.com/Campaign/SP-Detox-Balance