If you love sweet potatoes, walnuts, and cranberries, you need to cook this healthy recipe!
Find the full recipe at theroastedroot.net. You can also visit our recipe page to find more healthy recipes from around the web!
Sweet Potato Rounds With Herbed Ricotta and Walnuts
Servings: 24 rounds
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 - 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp local honey and 1 tsp local honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup raw walnuts toasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- honey local
- Add all of the ingredients for the herbed ricotta to a small bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the sweet potato slices to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with grapeseed or olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and ground cinnamon over rounds. Use your hands to rub the oil and seasoning on both sides of the sweet potato rounds. Arrange rounds on a large baking sheet (or two if necessary). Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds, then bake for another 17 to 20 minutes, or until rounds are cooked through and crispy on the edges
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet. 10 minutes before the potato rounds are finished cooking, place the walnuts in the oven to roast.
- Remove sweet potato rounds and walnuts from the oven. Place walnuts on a cutting board and chop.
- Place oven on high broil setting and move the oven wrack second to the top shelf. Place a dollop of herbed ricotta on each sweet potato round and place in the oven for 2 minutes, just until ricotta is melty and warm.
- Add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to the rounds. Drizzle with honey and serve!