For the last recipe this month we’re going with a classic. Get ready for a healthy twist on pumpkin pie! You could also sub pumpkin with sweet potato instead if you like! Skip the crust to make it even healthier!
The original recipe is available at https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/best-ever-healthy-pumpkin-pie/
Best Ever Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- pie crust or skip the crust all together
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup substitute agave or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or equivilant stevia or organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Make pie crust as directed. (You can also skip having a crust altogether.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar (or regular sugar) almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice and salt. Mix until well combined and completely smooth. Pour into pie pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is no longer jiggly. Check pie after every 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is getting a little too golden brown, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
- Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Pie should be kept in fridge once completely cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Store pie in fridge. Serves 9.