Black Bean and Quinoa Chili
If you love chili, this one is sure to make it to the top of your list!You can find this recipe in the Standard Process Detox Balance™ Program guide.Find more of our favorite recipes in the recipe section!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion dried
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 14 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes include all liquid
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado and fresh coriander optional
- Sauté onion over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring so the garlic does not burn.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add beans, tomato, water, and quinoa, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.