Jessica’s Pistachio Oat Squares
Here is a great alternative to the standard snack/protein bar that you can easily make at home!Find the original recipe at loveandlemons.comYou can also find more of our favorite recipes in the recipe section!
Servings: 12 squares
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1 cup rolled oats or old fashion oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or local honey or agave
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- additional handful of chopped pistachios for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. In a food processor with the S blade attached, process the pistachios, oats, and salt for about 30 seconds, until a meal starts to form. Drizzle in the maple syrup and olive oil while the motor is still running and the meal begins to come together into a crumbly, almost-wet dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan and cover it with coconut flakes and remaining pistachios. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the coconut is nice and golden brown and the dough is cooked through. You want the squares to still be a little soft - don't overbake these.
- Carefully lift the cooled dough out of the pan by holding two sides of the parchment paper. Cut it into squares. Drizzle a little maple syrup over the top for extra sweetness, if you like. Store the squares in a sealed container for up to a week.
To make these gluten free be sure to use Certified Gluten Free Oats.