20-Minute Easy Chicken Marsala
If you're looking for a quick meal that tastes great, check this one out!Find the original recipe at theseasonedmom.comYou can also find more recipes we've featured in the recipe section!
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless thin-sliced.
- all-purpose flour for dredging. try substituting with gluten free or skip.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry or sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter subsititue coconut oil.
- fresh parsley for serving
- Place about ½ cup of flour in a shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture until coated on all sides. Shake off any excess flour. Set chicken aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until lightly browned on both sides (about 3-5 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. Place mushrooms in the skillet, stirring and cooking until tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Take the skillet off of the heat; add the wine and the chicken broth. Place the skillet back on medium heat, and stir to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan (this gives the sauce so much flavor!).
- Add garlic and butter to the skillet. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes to allow it to reduce and thicken. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken back to the skillet and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley.