30-Minute Chickpea Tuna Salad Recipe
Have you had chickpeas and tuna in your salad yet?Find the original recipe at foolproofliving.comYou can also find more recipes we've featured in the recipe section!
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped, or 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic use more if desired
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Salad
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 5 oz tuna any protein could be used
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pickles sliced, about 6-7 pickles
- 1 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives or any olives you like, sliced
- 4 radishes sliced or cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups arugula or any other salad greens and/or sprouts, rinsed
- To make the dressing: Place olive oil, shallot, garlic, lemon and pickle juice, salt and pepper in a small jar. Put the lid on and give it a good shake. Set aside. The dressing can be made 2 days in advance, placed in a jar with a tight lid, and kept in the fridge.
- To assemble the salad: Put chickpeas, tuna, tomatoes, pickles, cucumber, olives, chopped egg, radishes, and arugula in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing. Give it a gentle toss. Taste for seasoning and serve.