Tarragon chicken with asparagus, lemon, and leeks
Give your next meal a little tang with this one-pan recipe!You can find the original recipe at feastingathome.com or check out the recipe section to find some of the previous recipes we've posted.
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely minced (or use a garlic press)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 oz fresh tarragon leaves rough chopped about 1/4 – 1/3 cup
- 1 x-lrg bunch asparagus trimmed, about 1 1/2lbs
- 1-2 large leeks sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1-1 1/2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless or substitute your choice of protien
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Place trimmed asparagus in a bowl and spoon some of the marinade over top. Toss to combine and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Add leeks to the same bowl, toss with a little marinade and spread out on the sheet pan. If using tofu, place in the bowl adding a little more marinade, toss to coat, add to sheet pan. Lastly add the chicken breasts, with remaining marinade, coating well. Nestle the chicken amongst the asparagus.
- Zest the second lemon over the whole sheet-pan and slice the lemons into rounds, layering them over the asparagus. Place in the hot oven. If using tofu, either nestle it into one side of the pan or place it on a separate sheet pan – up to you.
- Bake 20 minutes and check chicken- internal temp should read 160-165 F – thicker pieces will take longer. To get a more golden color broil for just a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Give everything a little toss, turning chicken over to coat the top with the flavorful juices. Sprinkle with remaining fresh tarragon and serve.