Strawberry Chicken Salad With Champagne Vinaigrette
Chicken, strawberries, and walnuts make this the perfect salad for spring, or summer!The original recipe can be found on thespruceeats.com or have a look at some of the other recipes we've posted before in our recipe section.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard whole grain dijon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp local honey substitute with agave
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 9 oz chicken
- 5 oz baby spinach and kale mix
- 8 oz strawberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- Prepare the champagne dressing first by combining extra-virgin olive oil, champagne vinegar, whole grain dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a mason jar with lid.
- Secure the lid tightly and shake well until all ingredients are well-combined. Refrigerate while you prepare your salad.
- If starting with uncooked chicken breast, prepare chicken by lightly brushing 3 chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- Place in a foil or parchment paper-lined pan and bake on 350 F for 25 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 F.
- Slice chicken into pieces. Rather than baking, the chicken breast may alternatively be grilled, but substituting boneless chicken breast.
- Combine chicken, quartered strawberries, walnuts, red onion, and feta cheese in a large bowl. Toss liberally. Top onto bed of mixed greens.
- Serve alongside champagne dressing – be sure to shake or whisk dressing well before serving, as ingredients will settle.