LOW CARB KETO ZUCCHINI LASAGNA RECIPE WITH MEAT & PESTO – NO NOODLES
If you love lasagna but are watching the carbs? Try this version of it!Original recipe is available at wholesomeyum.com or you can visite our recipe section for more health recipes we've found online!
- 1 lb Zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided into 2tbsp and 1tbsp
- sea salt
- 2 lbs ground beef or your choice of protein
- 2 cup basil pesto
- 12 oz Ricotta cheese full-fat
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mandolin to slice zucchini lengthwise into thin sheets, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange the zucchini on the lined baking sheet, in a single layer. Brush both sides with olive oil (use about 2 tablespoons), then sprinkle both sides lightly with sea salt.
- Roast the zucchini slices in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until soft and mostly dry.
- When done, remove the zucchini from the oven but leave it on at 400. Pat the zucchini with paper towels to soak up any extra water or oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook for about 10 minutes, until browned. Stir in the pesto sauce and remove from heat. Taste and adjust salt/pepper if needed. (Depending on the pesto you use, it may be enough as is.)
- Meanwhile, stir together the ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Stir in the egg.
- Arrange a layer of zucchini slices at the bottom of a 9×13 glass casserole dish. Top with half of the meat sauce. Dollop small pieces of the ricotta cheese mixture, (using half of the total amount), then spread. Finally top with half of the shredded mozzarella. Repeat the layers a second time, with shredded mozzarella last on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and golden. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.