Glazed Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Scones
If you're a fan of breakfast, check out this recipe for scones! And it's gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan!Original recipe can be found at athleticavocado.com or you can check out the recipe section for more!
- 15 large strawberries tops cut off, save 3 for glaze
- 1/2 cup fresh rhubarb thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp backing soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or use agave or local honey
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 remaining roasted strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or use agave or local honey1/8
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place strawberries and sliced rhubarb on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until juice is oozing out of strawberries and rhubarb is soft.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, oat flour and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mash 12 of the roasted strawberries with a fork and mix with almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, fold in rhubarb, and mix to form a dough.
- Add dough to a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape into a large circle and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and slice into 8 even slices. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- To make glaze, combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Once it starts to simmer, let cool completely before spooning on top of scones.